Here are some random facts for you.
1. When David Bowie was 17, he cofounded the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-Haired Men. He said that long-haired men were always being told to cut their hair, or were teased for looking like women.
(Here’s a video of him talking about it in an interview. David was still going under his original name Davy Jones at the time.)
2. Sweden isn’t mentioned in the Swedish national anthem, but it IS mentioned in the Polish national anthem, since they once occupied Poland. Verses that DO mention Sweden have been added to the Swedish anthem over the years, which is why you might see it show up in some versions of the lyrics.
3. Kenny Loggins wasn’t the first pick to perform “Danger Zone” for “Top Gun”. The producers wanted Toto to do it, but they couldn’t make a deal. Then they reached out to Bryan Adams and REO Speedwagon, but they turned it down too.
4. The first cartoon with Tweety and Sylvester was “Tweetie Pie” in 1947, and it won an Oscar for Best Animated Short.
5. The first Swiss Army Knives were made in Germany in 1891, because there was no place in Switzerland that could produce them.